Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Our new office!

I FINALLY got an office set up in the loft! This is where I'll be spending a lot of time when James is deployed. It's where the computer will go (instead of the living room) and where my craft area is. So, this is where I'll be blogging, writing emails and letters to James, Skyping/talking online, and working on all the crafts I have planned. I'm excited to finally have my books out of boxes! The shelving was a Christmas present from my husband!





I'm also super excited about my "Navy wall." I'm so proud of my husband. I also thought the center picture was perfect for deployment. I want to paint the end table, get a new lamp shade, and get more pictures for the mural. I bought plain paper letters and modge-podged them with vintage map scrap book paper.
I'm really excited to have a craft area. I'm hoping to get a bigger craft table, more drawers, and maybe even a sewing machine.

I think it's important to have a creative space, and I'm so glad to have this all set up in time for deployment. I'm really looking forward to writing here, and it will be nice to not have my craft supplies all over the dining room when I'm in full-blown craft mode.  Garage sales this summer will be a must. I still need a big comfy chair, a larger craft table, curtains, a bulletin board, decorations for the other walls, and maybe a table for the tv if I decide to keep it up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment